Team news, statistics and predictions before the match West Ham vs Leeds in the Premier League on Super Sunday; excavation at 2 p.m.
West Ham I hope that Tomáš Souček will return to visit Leeds. After a positive test on Covid-19, the Czech midfielder missed the win in the middle of the week over Norwich.
Defender Kurt Zouma is back in training faster than expected after a thigh tendon injury and will be judged.
Patrick Bamford, Rodrigo and Pascal Struijk hope to return to the dispute as Leeds’ the injury crisis shows some signs of alleviation.
Bamford has been eliminated due to ankle and hip injuries, while Rodrigo (heel) and Struijk (foot) have been out of the game since late November.
Eight other first team players, including Kalvin Phillips and Captain Liam Cooper (both hamstrings), are definitely out, Diego Llorente and Tyler Roberts are both suspended. He also takes care of the tribe of calves.
How to follow
Live Renault Super Sunday
Sunday 16 January 13:00
West Ham vs Leeds will be broadcast live Sky Sports Premier League and Main Event from 13:00; excavation at 2 p.m. Sky Sports customers can watch game clips on the blog of live matches on Sky Sports websites and applications. The most important will also be posted on Sky Sports digital platforms and Sky Sports Football YouTube channel shortly after the final whistle.
Last time out ..
- West Ham have won their last three league matches against Leeds, more than the previous 28 against them (W2 D8 L18). They last won four times in a row against the whites between April 1948 and August 1949 in the second row.
- Leeds lost 2-0 in this exact match last season, but have not lost consecutive league visits to West Ham since December 1974.
- West Ham have won just five of 23 Premier League games against Leeds (D4 L14), three of which have taken place in their last three games in the competition.
- Leeds failed to win their first outdoor league match in any of the last 12 years (D3 L9), losing to Spurs 3-0 last year. They last won their first outdoor league match in 2009, when they defeated Brighton 2-0 in League One, Lee Trundle and Fabian Delpha.
- After winning 3: 1 against Burnley in the last league match, Leeds is trying to win consecutive Premier League matches for the first time since winning their last four in the 2020-21 season. So far, the only Whites outdoor win at this time was in Norwich in October.
- Leeds have scored 10 goals in their last two league games away (2-3 against Chelsea, 0-7 against Man City), just one less than in their first seven on the field this season.
Premier League Preview: Will the Spurs or Arsenal win the North London derby? | Chelsea ‘s last chance in Man City | Bowen’s brilliance in West Ham
In the latest Essential Football Podcast, host Alice Piper is connecting Nick Wright, Charlotte Swamp, a Peter Blacksmith to preview the Premier League weekend event. In addition, we heard from a Sky Sports scientist Alan Blacksmith before the North London derby.
PART ONE Alan Smith will give his verdict in the North London derby before Arsenal travels to Tottenham and explain why the battle in the middle of the field will be crucial after the tiring Gunners battle with 10 men on Thursday in Liverpool.
PART TWO Saturday is the first against the other in the Premier League when Manchester City hosts Chelsea. Is this the London club’s last chance to stay in touch with the City leader? And could Thomas Tuchel’s win open the door for Liverpool as well? In addition, we look forward to Philipp Coutinh’s debut in Aston Ville, where Steven Gerrard’s men will face the extraordinary Man Utd for the second time in a week.
PART THREE Jarrod Bowen is in great shape and we look at the numbers behind his recent purple patch and discuss how it leads West Ham back to the top four races after their December drop. Before their match with Leeds, we will also examine how injuries have made life difficult for Marcel Biels this season. And finally, will Brighton or Crystal Palace win their rivalry on Friday night?