The alleged kidnapper Cleo Smith is hit by a new charge because he stays behind bars

Olivia Day for Daily Mail Australia

Friday, October 15

Cleo and his mother Ellie Smith, her partner Jake Gliddon and her little sister Isla Mae will arrive at Blowholes Camp around 6:30 p.m.

They had a “quiet” night and arrived at sunset.

Saturday, October 16

1:30: Her parents last saw Cleo in a tent she shared with her parents and sister when a four-year-old child asked for some water.

6:23: Ellie calls 000 to report her eldest daughter’s missing as she continues to search the camp.

6:30 a.m.: The first two police officers are sent from Carnarvon Police Station. They travel to Blowholes preferably with sirens and lights.

6:41: A second police car is sent to Blowholes with two other police officers, also with lights and sirens.

7.10: The first police car arrives. The second is just a few minutes behind.

7:26: Police set up a protected forensic area on the spot, which is hidden from the public and surrounds the family tent where Cleo was last seen.

7:33: The drone operator is asked to search from the sky.

7.44: A third police car is sent to Blowholes.

8:00: Cleo’s family and friends begin arriving to help with the search on earth.

Another group of detectives briefly searches Cleine’s house to make sure she’s not there.

Then they head to Blowholes and start stopping cars arriving and leaving the area.

8:09 a.m. A local company helicopter arrived and searched as police asked the SES team to take part in the search for Blowholes.

8:24: Police air-wing and volunteer naval searchers are called in to assist with the search.

8:34: Barricades are located at the entrance to the Blowholes, while detectives collect the names, registration details and addresses of people who come and go. Police are searching the cars.

9:25 a.m. Nine SES staff arrive in Blowholes to help with the search.

Australian Federal Police investigators, bounty hunters and officers spent two and a half weeks searching for the missing four-year-old Cleo (pictured)

Australian Federal Police investigators, bounty hunters and officers spent two and a half weeks searching for the missing four-year-old Cleo (pictured)

9:30 a.m.: Detectives sit down with the distressed Ellie and stay by her side for the rest of the day while the other search teams search for Cleo.

11:00: Detectives from the main crime department, who are beginning to travel from Perth, are called in to help with the search.

13:00: More homicide detectives and search experts arrived from Perth.

15:00: Officers and search experts arrive in Carnarvon to offer their expertise.

Sunday, October 17

Mrs. Smith turns to social media for help finding her missing daughter.

A post was posted on Facebook at 1:45 on Sunday saying, “It’s been more than 24 hours since I last saw a spark in my little girl’s eyes.

“Please help me find her!

“If you hear or see anything, call the police!”

Police suggest Cleo may have been abducted.

Monday, October 18

Police released a picture of a red and gray sleeping bag that disappeared from Cleina’s tent.

Clein’s biological father is being questioned by police in Mandurah and is asked to make a statement, which he will do voluntarily.

WA Police, with the help of SES members, volunteers and planes, continue the ground hunt for Cleo, while police search nearby shacks and vehicles in the area.

Tuesday, October 19

Cleina’s mother, Ellie Smith, and her partner, Jake Gliddon, first appeared in the media and described a terrifying moment when they realized that the little girl was missing.

Mrs. Smith says her four-year-old would never leave the tent on her own.

Police released new images of Cleo and the pink-and-blue one she was wearing the night she disappeared to help the investigation.

Investigators are urging anyone who was in or around the camp on October 15 to contact the police.

Wednesday, October 20

Police found that the zipper of the family tent, which her mother found wide open on Saturday morning at 6 o’clock in the morning, was too high for Cleo to reach.

Police say they have not “ruled out” reports from campers who heard the sound of tire squeaks in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Police Commissioner Daryl Gaunt confirms that police are investigating the whereabouts of 20 registered sex offenders in the Carnarvon area.

Thursday, October 21

The WA government is offering a $ 1 million reward for information leading to Cleo’s location, announced by WA Prime Minister Mark McGowan.

“All the people of Western Australia are thinking of Cleina’s family at this unimaginably difficult time,” Mr McGowan said.

“We all pray for a positive outcome.”

The speed of the reward – within days of its disappearance – was unprecedented.

Pictured: Police investigate trash left near Blowholes Camp in remote WA

Pictured: Police investigate trash left near Blowholes Camp in remote WA

Monday, October 25

WA Police confirm that Cleo was definitely in the camp – on CCTV footage of a camera installed inside a beach hut just 20 meters from the family tent from which she disappeared.

Tuesday, October 26

Forensic officers and detectives spent most of the day at her home in Carnarvon, 900 km north of Perth, on Tuesday and left with two bags of evidence.

Although investigators had been in the house before, it was the first time they had thoroughly searched the inside with the forensic team.

Acting Police Commissioner WA Col Blanch said the search of the family home was a “standard practice” and did not indicate that they were suspected of Cleo’s disappearance.

Wednesday, October 27

WA forensic officers return to Blowholes Camp and see them collecting soil samples from several campfires near the shacks in the area.

The federal government has announced that Australian federal police officers have been called in to support forensic and intelligence efforts.

Friday, October 29

Police return to Camp Blowholes to drone the area.

Detective Superintendent Rod Wilde returns to Camp Blowholes to join the search for Cleo when the search hits the two-week mark.

He confirms that national and international agencies are involved in the search for Cleo.

Sunday, October 31

Detectives on Sunday knock on a row of homes along the North West Coastal Highway in North Plantations, 5 miles from Cleina’s hometown.

Monday, November 1

Detectives sort out piles of garbage cans near the road, located hundreds of miles from the campsite from which she disappeared.

The material was transported to Perth, where forensic officers and recruits sorted hundreds of bags in search of things that could help them find Cleo.

Police are asking for a recording from the on-board camera and CCTV within a radius of 1000 km from the place where the four-year-old child disappeared.

Police are again urging other businesses in Carnarvon to provide footage and walk door to door in an industrial area on the outskirts of the city.

Her enthusiastic mother Ellie (pictured with Cleo, her partner and younger daughter) broke the silence the morning Cleo was found and shared a series of love heart emoticons on Instagram.

Her enthusiastic mother Ellie (pictured with Cleo, her partner and younger daughter) broke the silence the morning Cleo was found and shared a series of love heart emoticons on Instagram.

Wednesday, November 3

After two and a half weeks of searching, Cleo Smith is found alive and well in the early hours of November 3.

Police Commissioner WA Col Blanch confirmed just before 7:00 AEST that little Cleo was alive and well and had been reunited with her relaxed parents.

“One of the officers lifted her into his arms and asked her her name?” he said. She said, “My name is Cleo.”

Ellie Smith posted on social media, “Our family is whole again.”

A man from Carnarvon is taken into custody and interrogated by detectives.

On October 19, Ellie Smith (pictured) and her partner Jake Gliddon first appeared in front of the media and begged the public to report any information “big or small.”

Thursday, November 4

Terry Darrell Kelly, 36, was charged with many crimes, including the forcible removal of a child under the age of 16, and appeared barefoot and in a black T-shirt at Carnarvon City Court.

Monday, November 8

Specialized police return to Carnarvon to “find out if anyone else is involved”


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *