Man City star Benjamin Mendy is released on bail

Man City star Benjamin Mendy, 27, is released from a heavily guarded prison after 134 days in custody for a trial on charges of sexual assault on five women.

  • Man City star Benjamin Mendy charged with seven rapes and one sexual assault
  • He has been in custody since September, but was released on bail today
  • He most recently moved to Manchester City Hall, commonly referred to as Strangeways










Benjamin Mendy was released on bail today after four months in prison.

The Manchester City and France defender, accused of seven rapes and one sexual assault, was held at Altcourse in Liverpool before being transferred to Manchester, better known as Strangeways, just before Christmas.

Mendy is charged with eight crimes against five different women, including seven rapes involving four women. And sexual assault on another alleged victim.

Today, Judge Patrick Thompson bailed him at a private hearing at Chester Crown Court and the press was expelled from the courtroom.

The Premier League star was told he would be subject to “strict” bail conditions.

Mendy was due to go to court this month, but was now postponed until June at the earliest. He was released on bail until January 24 until the next preparatory hearing.

Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy, who is now charged with a total of seven rapes and one sexual assault, was transferred to the infamous HMP Prison Manchester last month.

Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy, who is now charged with a total of seven rapes and one sexual assault, was transferred to the infamous HMP Prison Manchester last month.

On December 23, the footballer was transferred to the notorious HMP Prison Manchester, commonly referred to as Strangeways.

On December 23, the footballer was transferred to the notorious HMP Prison Manchester, commonly referred to as Strangeways.

The French national was released on bail today at the request of his lawyer at the Crown Court in Chester.

Judge Patrick Thompson ruled after rejecting the prosecution’s request to extend the time limit for Mendy in custody.

It was said that Mendy would have “strict” conditions on bail.

The charges against him include three rapes allegedly committed on 11 October 2020, sexual assault on 2 January 2021, one rape on 24 July 2021 and two rapes on 23 August 2021.

Last month, Mendy was charged with another number of rapes in July last year.

Co-defendant Louis Saha Matturie (40) of Edwin Court, Eccles, has already been charged with six rapes and one sexual assault.

The allegations concern four applicants over the age of 16 and allegedly took place between March 2021 and August 2021.

But Ian Unsworth QC, the prosecution, said new allegations of rape and sexual assault had been approved, and Matturie would appear in court on the matter in due course.

Two new allegations concern the current complainant.

Mendy and Matturie were due to face trial later this month, but the date was tentatively postponed to June 27.

Both men will stand trial next January 24.

Mendy moved to Manchester City from Monaco in 2017 for a reported £ 52 million

City suspended the left defender in August into an investigation.

The club said in a statement: ‘The matter is subject to legal process and the club cannot comment further until this process is completed.’

advertisement

admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *